Own It on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and For Download on October 18th
Batman Year One Movie Synopsis:
When Gotham City is in desperate need of heroes, two men take a stand for justice...but on opposite sides. Bruce Wayne returns home after years abroad to become a crimefighter, just as honest cop Lt. James Gordon moves to Gotham and finds corruption at every level. When Bruce becomes the masked vigilante Batman, the city explodes as his new nemesis Catwoman, the mob and Gordon all close in!
Don't miss this thrilling DC Universe Animated Original Movie based on the groundbreaking story by Frank Miller and featuring two-time Emmy(r) Award winner Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Katee Sackhoff, Eliza Dushku and Alex Rocco in its stellar voice cast. Experience a bold and dynamic vision of the Dark Knight's first year in action and the start of his enduring friendship with Jim Gordon.
LEGENDARY TALE COMES TO ANIMATED LIFE
BATMAN: YEAR ONE
Coming OCTOBER 18, 2011 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO
Three-time Emmy Award Winner Bryan Cranston and Southland Star Ben McKenzie Joined by Fanboy Faves Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff in Stellar Voice Cast; Available as Blu-ray Combo Pack & DVD
Includes DC Showcase Short, CATWOMAN
Comics legend Frank Miller's classic retelling of Batman's gritty, formative days makes its full-length animated debut in Batman: Year One, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated film arrives October 18, 2011 from Warner Home Video as a Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD, On Demand and for Download.
Batman: Year One is based on the landmark 1987 DC Comics titles from 12-time Eisner Award winner Frank Miller and illustrator David Mazzucchelli. The film depicts young Bruce Wayne's return to Gotham City in his first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed vigilante. The playboy billionaire chooses the guise of a giant bat to combat crime, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon (who is already battling corruption from inside the police department), inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a crooked political system that infests Gotham.
Primetime television stars Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Ben McKenzie (Southland, The O.C.), Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) provide the core voices for Batman: Year One. Three-time Emmy® Award winner Cranston gives voice to young Jim Gordon, while McKenzie makes his animated voiceover debut as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Fanboy favorites Dushku and Sackhoff fill the roles of Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Detective Sarah Essen, respectively. Alex Rocco (The Godfather) is the voice of crime lord Carmine Falcone.
Animation master Bruce Timm is executive producer of Batman: Year One. Directors are Lauren Montgomery (Superman/Batman: Apocalypse) and Sam Liu (All-Star Superman) from a script penned by Academy Award® nominee Tab Murphy (Gorillas in the Mist, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse).
"Batman: Year One offers fans and newcomers alike an animated perspective on one of the true benchmark works in Batman comics history," said Hersin Magante, Warner Home Video Marketing Manager, Family &, Animation.. "Bruce Timm and the Warner Bros. Animation team have gone to great lengths to realize Frank Miller's ground-breaking, influential vision. Batman: Year One stands tall as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie."
Batman: Year One Blu-ray™ Combo Pack has almost 3 hours of exciting content, including:
- Feature film
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- DC Showcase Animated Original Short – "Catwoman": This all-new entry to the growing canon of DC Universe animated shorts features the first first solo tale centered around Catwoman. The felonious feline's adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Catwoman is voiced by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Tru Calling).
- Featurette –"Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots": "The Dark Knight Returns" provided the denouement of Batman's life. Frank Miller's next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in "Batman: Year One." This documentary uncovers the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- Featurette –"Conversations with DC Comics": The Batman creative team at DC Entertainment discusses the personal influence of "Batman: Year One" on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors and artists of the Batman lore, focusing their dialogue on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman's origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
- Audio Commentary with Alan Burnett, Sam Liu, Mike Carlin and Andrea Romano
- "Batman: Year One, Chapter 1" Digital Comic Book
- Two bonus episodes from "Batman: The Animated Series," handpicked by Bruce Timm
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Digital copy on disc of the feature film compatible with iTunes and Windows