Justice League: The New Frontier
Official Movie Site
All Secrets Revealed
February 26th, 2008
on DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray
and On Demand
Based on the graphic novel by Darwyn Cooke and produced by Michael Goguen and animation legend, Bruce Timm, Justice League: The New Frontier is the epic tale of the founding of the Justice League. The animated film, written by Stan Berkowitz, features an incredible celebrity-laden voice cast including David Boreanaz, Brooke Shields, Lucy Lawless, Neil Patrick Harris, Miguel Ferrer, Kyra Sedgwick, Jeremy Sisto and Kyle MacLachlan and will be available on DVD.
There will also be a 2 disc Special Edition DVD available which contains additional bonus features including a documentary about the pathology of the super villain and three bonus episodes from the Justice League animated series selected by Bruce Timm. All the content from the 2-disc Special Edition DVD will be available on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
The New Frontier takes viewers on an action-packed adventure, exploring the origins of the Justice League. DC Comics legends Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are all featured in the film as well as Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and The Flash - as they band together to form the legendary super team. Strangers at first, these very different heroes must overcome fear and suspicion to forge an alliance against a monster so formidable, even the mighty Superman cannot stop it alone. If they fail, the entire planet will be "cleansed" of humanity.
About The DVDs
Justice League: The New Frontier DVD
DVD Special Features:
- "Super Heroes United!: The Complete Justice League History" - The documentary is a comprehensive forty seven year Justice League chronology from the inception in the comics to vivid animated renditions. The story is told with a myriad of interviews tracing back the early days of DC Super Hero team ups during the Golden Age, to the Silver Age rendition where the established heroes emerged and beyond. Interviews include Paul Levitz (President of DC Comics), Dan Didio (SVP Executive Editor at DC Comics), Michael Uslan (Historian), Gregory Noveck (SVP Creative Affairs DC Comics), Mark Waid (DC Comics Historian and Writer), Mike Friedrich (Writer JLU), Denny O'Neil (Writer and Editor at DC Comics), Mike Carlin (DC Comics Executive Editor), Stan Lee (Marvel Comics Co-Creator) and Marv Wolfman (Writer of Fantastic Four).
- "Sneak Peak: Batman: Gotham Knight" - One part anime, one part Caped Crusader, the result is a glimpse at the world of Eastern anime sensibilities combined with a Western tradition of Batman. A detailed look at the world of Warner Bros Animation, and how they joined forces with the renowned Japanese animators to create the highly anticipated anime film of 2008.
- "Audio Commentary I" (featuring the talented filmmakers of New Frontier)
- "Audio Commentary II"(featuring Comic Book Writer and Artist Darwyn Cooke)
- Widescreen (1.78:1)
- 5.1 Dolby Digital
The 2 disc Special Edition DVD
Even more incredible extras including:
- "The Legion of Doom: The Pathology of the Super Villain" - This documentary will examine the early mythological archetypes of nemesis characters from a historical perspective, and see how the tenants of this rich history were adapted and woven into the Justice League stories. The bonus feature includes many of the talent included in Super Heroes United! As well as Jim Kreuger (Writer of "Justice").
- "Comic Book Commentary: Homage to the New Frontier" - This documentary is a nod to the fans of the New Frontier comic book. This featurette further expands the themes contained in the source material, and how these elements were truncated or evolved for the inclusion in the film. Featuring vivid imagery culled from the pages of the New Frontier comic, mixed with the commentary of Writer and Artist Darwyn Cooke, this featurette is a treat for both fans and scholars of the medium.
- "Justice League Unlimited Bonus Episodes" Bruce Timm selects three of his favorite episodes from the Justice League Unlimited animated series:
- Dark Heart- Alien invaders attempt to thwart the Justice League. The fate of the world rests on the shoulders of Ray Palmer, AKA The Atom.
- To Another Shore- Wonder Woman learns of a plot to steal the powers of the 3,000 year-old corpse of The Viking Prince. It is up to the Justice League to make things right.
- Task Force X- Four incarcerated villains are released from prison by Cadmus to undertake an impossible mission: steal a powerful mystic artifact from the JLU Watchtower under the noses of the League.
"Having the opportunity to take the unique work of such a legendary comic talent as Darwyn Cooke and create a small screen faithful adaptation of that style is one of the cornerstones in what we hope to develop for core and new fans alike as part of the DC Universe initiative on the Warner Premiere slate", said Matt Bierman, Vice President Production, Warner Premiere.
"Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier is justifiably considered a modern classic, and we at DC comics are excited to share this thrilling adaptation with the book's legions of loyal fans. On Feb. 26, DC Universe Animated Movies will lead everyone across the New Frontier," said Gregory Novek, Senior Vice President of Creative Affairs, Dc Comics.
"Following the huge success of Superman Doomsday, we are delighted to be releasing the second DC Universe PG-13 animated movie," said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President, Family, Animation and Sports Marketing. "Justice League: The New Frontier will certainly not disappoint fans who have been eagerly awaiting this next action-packed DC Universe installment."