WONDER WOMAN MOVIE
On DVD, Blu-ray hi-def and On Demand
Embark on a journey of untold beauty, grace and strength as Princess Diana uses her remarkable gifts and evolves into Wonder Woman, the world's most renowned female super hero. Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release the all-new animated original movie Wonder Woman on March 3, 2009, distributed by Warner Home Video.
Produced by the multiple Emmy® Award winning animation legend Bruce Timm, Wonder Woman is an origin-- story and features a stellar celebrity voice cast including Keri Russell (Waitress, Felicity), Nathan Fillion (Desperate Housewives), Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), Virginia Madsen (Sideways), Rosario Dawson (Sin City), Oliver Platt (The West Wing) and David McCallum (NCIS).
Wonder Woman begins on the mystical island of Themyscira, where a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons resides. They have raised Princess Diana, a daughter of stunning beauty, extraordinary strength and incredible fighting prowess. Diana possesses a host of super human powers granted to her by the gods and goddesses of Olympus and her strength and stamina are unparalleled. When Air Force fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazons and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a world war that will destroy them all. It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world by using her gifts to become the ultimate Wonder Woman.
"There is so much enthusiasm and passion from the fans for Wonder Woman, that it was an obvious next step in the DC character pantheon for Warner Premiere to bring to the screen," says Matt Bierman, Senior Vice President Production, Warner Premiere. "In re-telling this origin story and putting a new spin on it, we think that we have all of the action and emotion that existing fans crave, and the ability to bring in a whole new set of fans with great super hero storytelling."
"Woman Wonder is one of most iconic figures in pop culture. This movie succeeds in reinforcing her image as a female role model while firmly planting her flag as an epic action adventure heroine," says Gregory Noveck, Senior VP Creative Affairs, DC Comics, "I think audiences will love this modern take on a classic character."
"Wonder Woman is an exciting representation of the talent within Warner Bros. Animation, combining Lauren Montgomery's dramatic, intense direction and Michael Jelenic's action-packed, funny script to produce another impressive addition to this division's growing slate of films," explains Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Warner Bros. Animation.
"Warner Home Video is thrilled to be releasing this fantastic animated feature film," said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. "Wonder Woman has been an inspiration to women for generations and her physical and mental prowess is sure to impress an entirely new crop of fans in this action-packed original movie."
Wonder Woman: 2 Disc Special Edition and Blu-Ray versions will feature collectible packaging as well as 185 minutes of incredible bonus features such as:
- Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream - She is one of the pillars of DC Comics. We examine why Wonder Woman is important in the grand scheme of the DC Super Heroes and how her raw strength and power helped define a new generation of empowered women, who realized that their gifts of intellect and strength were just as powerful as their male counterparts.
- Wonder Woman The Daughters of Myth - The riveting documentary historically defines the meaning of the Amazons and how this links in with the evolution of the Wonder Woman character from comics to screen.
- Audio Commentary - featuring commentary by Gregory Noveck (Senior Vice President, Creative Affairs, DC Comics), Bruce Timm (Producer), Lauren Montgomery (Director) and Michael Jelenic (Screenplay).
- Bruce Timm's Top Picks - Popular episodes from the Warner Bros. archive of Justice League/Justice League Unlimited animation featuring Wonder Woman; all personally selected by Bruce Timm, producer of this Wonder Woman feature film. All formats include "To Another Shore" and "Hawk and Dove." Exclusive additions for the Blu-Ray and 2-Disk formats: "Paradise Lost, Parts 1 & 2."
- Digital Copy Download- Warner Bros. is including a Digital Copy of Wonder Woman on the DVD which will provide fans a legitimate means to enjoy their favorite action hero anywhere they want on their portable video device. Formats supported include: iTunes, Windows Media Player. Restrictions apply. Consult product packaging for details.
- Sneak Peak - The next DCU Animated Original Movie.
- Wonder Woman: The Amazon Princess - This featurette includes both a thumbnail history of the character of Wonder Woman featuring interviews with DC Comics creators and artists (Paul Levitz, Dan DiDio), and behind the scenes footage of the upcoming made-for-DVD release punctuated with interviews from the production staff and voice talent behind the film (Keri Russell, Alfred Molina, etc.)
- Widescreen (1.78:1)